Once garlic is cut or crushed the chemicals in it react together to produce "allicin", which is considered to be the active ingredient that give garlic its cell-killing, germ-destroying power. The problem is, allicin is quite unstable and if in the process of making garlic supplements the allicin is cut or crushed and left to stand, even for a short time, the allicin quickly disappears, producing a supplement which isn't so effective.
Quest, on the other hand, understanding the short-lived lifespan of allicin have another method of extraction, which I personally support.
How do they do it?
It involves taking the highest quality organically-grown garlic, slicing it without acid or heat, and placing it in large stainless steel tanks for twenty months! During this cold-aging period, allicin is converted to "extremely valuable compounds that do not naturally occur with traditional /commercial processing methods." Finally the garlic is extracted to harvest mainly water and some oil soluble compounds.
- Lecithin and oatbran for additional cardiovascular health support
- Organically grown
- Water and oil-soluble compounds
- Up to 20 month cold ageing process generates a cascade of naturally occurring nutrients, many unique to aged garlic
- FDA evaluated for safety, stability & standardisation
- Standardised with s-allyl cysteine
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Dosage & Guidelines for Use
½ teaspoon of kyolic liquid with a meal twice daily
Extract of Aged Organically Grown Garlic 600mg
To buy this product, click on the following link Quest Odourless Garlic Liquid. If you wish to speak to a customer adviser, you an telephone us on 01208 814500 for further information.